If you’re interested in learning more about this site, based out of Scranton, Pennsylvania, ask yourself the following questions:
- Do you ever feel like you don’t fit in with the “scene”? Do you even care about fitting in?
- Do you care about social issues?
- Do you have a sense of humor?
- Do you want to read something that’s actually entertaining and informative?
- Do you get asked repeatedly “Why you aren’t married with kids yet?”
- Do you suffer with symptoms of a disease like Celiac, and WebMD makes it sound like you’re going to die right now (I have been dealing with Celiac for five years, but I’m still alive…I think)?
- Do you ever ask yourself why you have two masters degrees, yet you’re standing in line at the Welfare office, praying to get on Medicaid (I hope no one else has this problem)?
You may have not answered yes to all of these questions (oddly specific as some are), but you see where I am heading: I created Thirty-Third wheel to represent a state-of-being and state-of-mind. Being in your thirties sucks sometimes! I work hard, yet I feel like I’m a hamster, spinning on a wheel. Ever go to a bar in your thirties, and you feel like you are simultaneously in-touch with everything and nothing? You are a thirty-third wheel. Get the cheesy reference, now?
I don’t want you to think this is all about me or being in your thirties, because it is not. I want to reach all sorts of people, who know what it is like to real have problems (not the, “Do I choose Starbucks or Dunkin today?” or “Do I swipe right or left?” dillema). I want this blog to be a super-charged Netflix; inspiring yet funny and sometimes mind-numbingly witty as hell! As Zelumia says, “Be your own scene.”
And if you are not convinced to read Thirty-Third Wheel yet, you will be. You will find yourself becoming addicted to our site, like Stranger Things and Moscow Mule flavored potato chips—just wait and see.
A. Dawn Pica & Thirty-Third Wheel