If you would like to submit your written works to our column, “The Obsequious Pen,” please read the following guidelines:
We accept fiction, creative non-fiction, prose, or poetry no more than approximately 1,000 words (can be an excerpt of a longer piece).
- Material should be inoffensive (e.g. excessive profanity, explicit and/or threatening)
- Material should be properly edited (i.e. appropriate spelling and grammar)
- Please submit works in an attachment in via Google Docs or Word document
- We have the right to reject works or ask you to edit your works upon suggestion
If you have not submitted to Thirty-Third Wheel before, we ask you to compose a paragraph to be attached with your submission (though not required). The purpose of this is to promote yourself, your works, and allow readers to get to know you better. The following paragraph should include:
- Description of your previous publications (if any)
- Education, experience, inspiration, links to your professional pages, and essentially anything you would like readers to know about yourself related to your writing
- In addition, you may include a headshot, but this is not required
Thank you for taking interest in our site.
Feel free to submit and contact me for more information at:
Creator/Editor of Thirty-Third Wheel